- Lesson 13 – Break Command: In this lesson you will learn about the Break command, how to modify an object by breaking it at a single point, and breaking it at two points.
- Lesson 14 – Spline Command: In this lesson you will learn how to create objects with the Spline command, how to create them with two methods, with Control vertices (Spline CV), and with Fit Points (Spline Fit). You will then be able to practice these two methods with a drawing of a Plate Cam.
- Lesson 15 – Revision Cloud and Wipeout Commands: In this lesson you will learn how to create and use the Revision Cloud and Wipeout commands. The Revision Cloud can reflect design changes in your drawing; the Wipeout can be used to hide objects in your drawing.
- Lesson 16 – Measuring Tools: In this lesson you will learn about one of the best features in AutoCAD, the Measuring Tools. You can measure the distance between two points, measure a Radius or Diameter of a Circle or Arc, you can also measure the Area or Volume of an object so that you can find its mass.
- Lesson 17 – Creating Isometric Drawings: In this lesson you will learn how to create 2-Dimensional objects and make them look like 3-Dimensional objects, by using three isometric planes (Isoplanes).
- Lesson 18 – Annotative Dimensioning: In this lesson you will learn all about Annotative Dimensioning. The best way to dimension objects is in Model Space, but what happens when you change the size of the viewport scale in Paper Space, the dimension size will change as well; this is where Annotative Dimensioning comes in, regardless of what size the viewport is, the dimensions will remain a constant size.
- Lesson 19 – Properties: In this lesson you will learn about AutoCAD’s Properties Palette; it provides a convenient way of changing or modifying the properties of selected objects.
- Lesson 20 – Object Grips: In this lesson you will learn about Object Grips, how to manipulate and modify objects by stretching and resizing, or how to modify objects by moving them with Object Grips.
- Lesson 21 – Block Attributes: In this lesson you will learn about Block Attributes, they can be a Text Label, or tag that you attach to a Block. The Garage Windows and Doors that you created in Lesson 10 could be modified to have Attributes attached to them. You will be able to practice Block Attributes by creating an Office Desk and Chair.
- Lesson 22 – Express Tools: In this lesson you will learn about the Express Tools that are an added feature of AutoCAD. You will find many useful commands and applications; there are many extra Text commands that are not on the Annotate tab.
- Lesson 23 – Tool Palettes: In this lesson you will learn about the Tool Palettes that are pre-loaded in AutoCAD. Tool Palettes are tabbed areas that contain various pre-loaded Symbols, Commands, and Blocks for various industries. You can save a lot of drawing time by inserting an already created symbol into your drawing.
- Lesson 24 – Attach Command: In this lesson you will learn about the Attach command and how you can insert any image file, or any drawing file, including PDF documents, into your drawing.
- Lesson 25 – Parametric Drawing: In this lesson you will learn all about Parametric Drawing, how to design and create objects with design constraints, for example; you could create two circles that have to remain on the same centres, you would constrain the two circles with a Concentric constraint; so if you move one circle, the other will move with it.
At the end of each lesson there will be a Multiple-choice quiz on what you have just learned; if you get any questions wrong you can simply retake the quiz until you have answered them all correctly.
After completing the Advanced courses, you will have the confidence and skills to be able to create any 2-Dimensional drawing, and produce them with a very high degree of standard and professionalism.